Advance Music Center, Burlington, Vermont
2010 – 2017
Vermont's largest music store, Advance Music Center is a musical instrument retailer serving Vermont and upstate New York for more than 30 years.
- Eliminated pre-existing network problems with a complete re-design of the network infrastructure.
- Complete network rewire of the building and removal of all old wire.
- Moved mission critical POS systems to robust server environment with redundancies.
- Responsible for all computer and networking hardware selection and purchasing.
- Created a new responsive website using a modern CMS to allow employees to update content with no knowledge of HTML.
- Created a responsive e-commerce site to allow sales online.
Marketing and Graphic Design
- Created all marketing materials for print, web, and video using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Complete rebranding of Advance Music to better reflect their 30+ years as a Vermont staple.
- Set-up various social media channels to better connect with Advance Music customers.
- Greatly expanded email marketing campaign.
Advance System Design, Burlington, Vermont
2012 – 2016
A technology systems integration firm specializing in audio, video and presentation systems for a wide variety of market segments.
- Performed the installation, operation, troubleshooting, and repair of commercial AV systems.
- Pre and Post Construction Wiring
- Install equipment as per wiring diagrams and blueprints.
- Rack Assembly.
- Mounting of projectors, flat screens, projection screens, and speakers.
- Terminating by soldering and mechanical means.
- DSP programming.
- Equipment Includes codecs, DSP's, switches, audio mixers, control panels, various type of microphones, Cameras, DVD/VCR/streaming players, and smartboards.
- Brands Include Crestron, Extron, Symetrix, Polycom, Smart, Kramer, and Biamp.
- Performed audio, video and control testing, and system tuning.
- Trained customers to ensure they were comfortable operating their A/V systems and understood how to operate them.
- Experience working in a variety of settings including Corporate, Healthcare, Education, House of Worship, Performance and Theater, and Sports Facilities.
- BrightSign digital signage set-up and content development.
- Knowledge of 70 volt and 8 ohm systems.
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot and resolve system problems.
- Experience in classroom technologies in elementary, high school, and higher education settings.
- Polycom Certified.
Jane Peterer Music Corporation (JPMC), Burlington, Vermont
2001 – 2009
Jane Peterer Music Corporation is a music publisher and administrator of several active catalogs. JPMC Books Inc. is a print music publisher as well as a wholesale distributor for European Music Publishers in the Americas.
- Improved existing company-wide network through re-design, maintenance, and support of a multi-platform, multi-location infrastructure.
- Improved overall network security by expanding protection at all locations to include hardware firewalls and virus protection, and by removing all unnecessary software and services from servers and desktop computers.
- Computer hardware selection and purchasing.
- Provided secure remote access to several internal applications.
- Designed, implemented and maintained all company websites.
- Implemented on online e-commerce solution using InterChange with customized features.
- Implemented Joomla CMS on two company websites to allow employees to update content with no knowledge of HTML.
- Created strategies for future online initiatives to support long-term business goals.
- Memorized large portions of Bridgeport Music's catalog of songs; evaluated recent recordings for possible copyright infringements.
- Upon identifying an infringement, created detailed audio analyses and written reports illustrating how the infringed composition was used in the new composition.
- Worked closely with our legal counsel as an Audio Expert throughout litigations surrounding identified infringements.
- Provided expert testimony on behalf of Bridgeport Music in several high-profile copyright infringement cases.
Audio Transfer & Restoration
- Transferred to digital, restored, archived and re-mastered aging analog tapes from the PICK Records catalog.
- Identified if analog tape formula was prone to “sticky shed” and baked if necessary.
- Performed calibration of analog tape machine and noise reduction units for each tape as required.
- Re-mastered and created duplication-ready CD layout with complete ISRC sub code information.
Marketing and Graphic Design
- Created and managed brand identity for several divisions within the company including all design work.
- Set marketing strategy and objectives, developed communications material and tracked campaign effectiveness.
- CD packaging design and layout.
- Design and layout for sheet music titles including some additions and corrections to the original engravings.
- Photograph scenes, artist portraits and candids, and other elements for use in CD packaging, sheet music, the Internet and promotional materials.
- Designed brochures, postcards, and other promotional mail pieces.
- Compiled and managed address databases by location and industry.
- Used CASS-Certified software to verify and correct addresses and create presorted, bar-coded postage labels.
Wholesale and Retail Sales
- Managed wholesale and online retail sales, ordering and importing of sheet music, music books, and recordings.
- Evaluated and redesigned entire internal process for managing sales and inventory control.
- Trained employees in order processing.
Studio Lighting Instructor
DesignHaus, Burlington, Vermont
DesignHaus is a photo studio, classroom and performance space with an emphasis on art and photography instruction.
- Created curriculum and all associated materials for "Intro to Studio Lighting" class.
- Teaching methods blended lecture and hands-on learning.
- Topics included studio lighting equipment and light modifiers, set-up and measurement of studio lighting, high and low key lighting, and simple, effective lighting techniques for portrait photography.
InterVision Ltd., Burlington, Vermont
1997 - 2001
InterVision Ltd. specializes in internet business services development and online marketing. Digital Coal, an Application Service Provider division of InterVision Ltd. was added in 1999 to provide a suite of scalable on-line publishing and productivity tools that required no programming knowledge. Clients include Blodgett, New England Culinary Institute, Magic Chef, Basin Harbor Club, Bombardier Capital, and State of Vermont Travel & Tourism.
- Ensured that the vision and goals of clients were carried through from the initial concept to the final product while ensuring that the clients' pre-existing marketing strategies were consistent with in-line initiatives.
- Oversaw all aspects of the planning, information architecture, design process, scheduling and production from project inception to completion.
- SEO; created/managed banner ad placements.
- Produced, edited, encoded and integrated audio, video and multimedia elements.
- Product testing, interface design, and marketing (Digital Coal).
- Developed complex PowerPoint presentations for new business development.
In addition to my duties as Senior Producer:
- Linux server administration and Windows 95/98/NT and Macintosh desktop support for 20-30 users.
- Network planning and implementation for additional company location.
- CVS administration and support for the development team.
- Telecommunications hardware installation and maintenance.
- Developed design concepts; ensured successful presentation of concepts for end-user.
- Photo and Art Editing.
- Ensure brand consistency.
- Account management.
- Oversaw production.
WebSense.net & UTC, Williston, Vermont
1996 - 1997
WebSense, an ISP and web hosting provider, as well as UTC-supplying network and telecommunications design services, are divisions of SPI MicroElectronics Inc.
- Created graphics, animation, audio and other multimedia elements for delivery over the Internet.
- Graphic design and layout for marketing and promotional materials.
- Develop PowerPoint presentions with audio and video for use as digital signage.
- Development, design, and creation of user interface and online help system for Internet Gateway and Firewall product.
- Assisted with telecommunications hardware installation and programming.
- Physical network cabling installation and testing at several company locations.
- Computer training classroom design and implementation.
- Provided multi-platform technical support for Dial-up Internet access customers.
- Created technical documents, user manuals, HTML help files, and other customer support documents.
1999 - present
- Offer expertise with Large format view cameras 4x5, Medium format cameras, 35mm, and digital equipment.
- Provide studio and location lighting equipment set-ups with an emphasis on creative lighting techniques.
- Provide special effects and multiple imageries using conventional and electronic manipulation techniques.
- Electronic retouching using Photoshop.
- Private & Group Photo Instruction.
Clients include Jeh Kulu, Burlington Free Press, Amadis, A Little Lingerie Company, The Green Closet, Spielpalast Cabaret, Craig Maravich, Pilar Netzel Metal Arts, D-Shot, 2nd Agenda, and Roku.
1994 - present
Supply a wide range of services such as Video Production and Editing, Musical Composition, Motion Graphics, 2D & 3D Computer Animation, Sound Design, Photo Manipulation and Compositing, Bulk Image Processing and Print Design
Clients include Darkroom Gallery, Lane Press, St. Albans Historical Museum, Green Mountain On-line Marketing, Sentient Software, and Gleason Brothers Industries.
Freelance Audio Engineer
1981 - present
- Live-sound FOH support for various local, regional and national touring artists including Johnny Paycheck and Hank Thompson throughout the New England area.
- Provide services including MIDI/audio consulting, synthesizer and signal processor programming, sound design, producer and recording/mix engineer.
- Analog-to-digital transfer and restoration.
Maintain a fully equipped recording studio to produce album-length recordings.
PC, Mac, & Linux platforms